· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
· Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
· Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair orders.
· Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
· Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
· Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
· Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Maintain service follow-up programs.
· Grow the volume of service work.
· Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
· Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
· Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
· Provide reports to GM, as requested.
· Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM,
· Attend training sessions to keep current with service department issues.
· As assigned
· Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees.
· Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
· Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
· Set policies and procedures for service department.
· Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
· Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and termination employees.
· Maintain records of all employees performance reviews.
· Ensure appropriate training is provided to all service employees (seminars, workshops, sales schools, etc.)
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel, maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s)
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Demonstrate an interest in growing the service business.
· Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· 5 years progressive experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership.
· Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 60 lb. of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 800lb. motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Email Resume to: Office@woodstockharley.com