Focus is on the in-store customer experience; follow up with dealership customers & presentation of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
This is a great position for those who are familiar with Harley-Davidson Motorcycles (motorcycles in general) and are an outgoing, energetic person that loves the idea of getting the next person on a new Harley!
Sales and phone experience in a dealership environment is a plus, but not necessary. Are you a fast learner and have basic computer skills? Then apply! Ride another brand motorcycle? Thats OK... Apply!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests into the dealership with a positive attitude.
- Narrow down the selection of Harley's to find which ones fit the customers’ needs.
- Follow up phone calls to customers on a daily basis.
- Selling the FUN & EXCITEMENT of Harley-Davidson to customers.
- Responsible for making sure that every person encountered on the sales floor is entered into the Traffic Log.
- Aggressively, but politely following up on all prospective customers.
- Meet and exceeding contact, and sales goals as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the showroom and display of motorcycles in a manner appealing to customers. Yes, we dust them, and move them around.
- Remain alert and on the floor, at all times.
- Handle telephone conversations quickly and courteously.
- Ensure that customers are properly qualified for what they need and want.
- Practice an our effective selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business. (We will train you on this!)
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling of Parts and Accessories, Apparel & Merchandise along with their first Service appoinment being made.
- Follow policies regarding road tests, pre-delivery inspections, and vehicle deliveries.
- Handle customer complaints according to dealership policy, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “make things right”, as specifically directed by the sales manager.
- Attend training sessions as requested by the Sales Manager & Harley Davidson University, Harley Davidson Financial Services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to >quickly< learn them.
- Must be able to complete learning assignments in an appropriate time frame. We train every day.
- Applicable experience in big ticket retails sales strongly preferred.
- Passion for the Harley motorcycling lifestyle and riding community. C'mon, it's a Harley!
- Must have ability to relate with broad customer base. Everyone Rides.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
- Attention to detail.- a must! Our customers expect it!
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- Approachable, likeable, and enthusiastic personality. People like smiles.
- High energy level needed. You're talking about Harleys!
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven and helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly. A must.
- Great customer service, excellent personal communication, and demonstrated closing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience of the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- Experience with CRM and/or computerized inventory systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibility required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 40lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to balance and push a 600+lb motorcycle.
This position starts with a base pay, plus tiered and performance commissions.
We are currently open Tuesday- Saturday 9-5PM. Our job does not end at 5PM. Advanced Sales Associates will be able to 'up' customers after 5 based on their desire to make more money. It's up to you.
In Season, we may add Sunday and Mondays to our schedule. Please take note.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Tuesday - Saturday
- Weekend availability (Sunday and Monday might be required in the future)
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License w/ Motorcycle Endorsement (Preferred)
Work Location: One location